Yes, I'm one of the many who've joined in on the fun over at the micro-blogging site. Many bash it and call tweeters or twitterers names ("narcissist!" chief among them), and they may be right. There's no denying the status twitter has achieved among the public though, considering how recent events managed to collapse all sorts of servers, or the money and awareness that's being raised about a diversity of topics while you're reading this.
Here's a collection of 20 recent micro blog-posts (tweets) I shared. Some are questions, some are quotes or thoughts for the day, some ramblings. If there's an "@" involved, that may mean I'm replying to somebody. Adding an "@" before any screen-name/twitter moniker automatically links back to that person's collection of tweets. "RT" is equivalent to a "forward" in your email; letting other people know what somebody else has said that I find noteworthy. Oh, "following" someone means their new tweets are pushed into my "inbox" automatically. So far, so confusing? Alright then, in 140 characters or less, here we go:
- How much time does everyone spend on twitter/social media on an average work day? IOW, which % of your marketing strategy does it represent?
- Have you heard? 2009's "best companies for multicultural women," article here: http://tinyurl.com/ng3twv
- Reading litemind and recommending it: http://litemind.com/thinkin... Part 1.
- interview with @jerryweinberg about overcoming fear, permanent employment vs. consulting, client selection http://blog.bizconf.org/?p=22
- RT @J_Canfield: Coaching can help u maximize ur inner strength,channel ur energy & explore the true potential that u’ve always had inside u.
- I <3 Southwest RTAbsolute MUST READ "Top 5 reasons why 'The customer is Always Right' is wrong" http://tinyurl.com/3ddnv4 (via @gwenbell)
- There are no good excuses,but in case you needed convincing: RT @MatadorNetwork: 6 Bad Excuses Not To Study Abroad http://tinyurl.com/npnaho
- Also: new blog post http://bit.ly/pWpVC Thanks for comments!
- Dear new followers - bear with me, I'm not automating responses so the personal touch takes a little while. Know that you are loved! :-) Dee
- Best article on marriage. Honest, raw, fabulously written, lots of references. RT @gwenbell: RT @derekscruggs http://bit.ly/Kx2FO
- Dear Expats: FYI, the beeb is changing its international pages layout. http://tinyurl.com/nn48lj
- Thought for the day: It doesn't matter how fast you go, as long as you're moving in the right direction.
- Another great #toastmasters meeting, 4 more new members adding their energy - ours is a fab club! Bed now, busy week ahead. Night tweets!;)
- more info in this book: http://tinyurl.com/5ltea2 RT NicoleSimonCaring for Your Introvert - The Atlantic (March 2003) http://ow.ly/eguI
- "All of us feel like our aspirations are garbage sometimes." (roughly translated) http://tinyurl.com/l3zu82
- any twitterer who went? what did you think? RT @expatsguide China's first Gay Pride event, organized by expats: http://tinyurl.com/mepq6l
- Consultoría 2.0 enfoca en las personas; reflexión sin ejecución no sirve para nada. RT @PilarJerico Entrevista El Pais http://bit.ly/pqWZg
- just watched and loved "The Anonymity Project - The Post Secret Effect" http://tinyurl.com/navcrb
- You gotta know your exit strategy from the start: @expatcoachmegan has this expat tip: http://tinyurl.com/lyyw4n
- Welcome to new followers @xlnation @KeanuFansWoah @Lucidology @Twitter_Tips @SOHP_com @DrJennifer @PaulaTeeter - nice to tweet you! :-)
You'll have to try and see if you like it and if it's worth your efforts. Beware that it may be so interesting to keep reading that you lose track of time. For me it's a great way to stay in touch with some of my friends, expand my professional network, and send quick notes when there's no time for a "proper" blog post. So, in case you don't want to wait til next weekend, come find and follow me on http://twitter.com/deesbtlyw for daily tweets. :-)
Question:What are you looking for in my tweets?How will your time & attention best be served?Do you really read'em or is it about numbers?:) Cheers and have a good one! Dee xx