On this day...
Happy First of July, everyone! Half the year is over - have you reached the goals you set out to accomplish so far?
On this day,
- Somalia, Ghana, Rwanda, and Burundi are celebrating their independence / republic.
- East Germany accepted the Deutsche Mark as currency.
- The Scottish Parliament opened.
- England saw its first Gay Pride parade.
- Princess Diana, mathematician Gottfried Leibnitz, Sydney Pollack, and Carl Lewis were born.
- Buckminster Fuller, Michael Landon, Robert Mitchum, Walther Matthau, and Marlon Brando passed.
It never ceases to amaze me how fast time flies. The year's are getting shorter and shorter!
Gretchen Rubin of The Happiness Project articulated a peculiarity in the space-time continuum thus:
"The years are short, but the days are long."
Watch her 2-minute video below, and have a great day. :-)